For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Careys Plc, Carey House, Great Central Way, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 0HR
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you.
Information you give us. You may give us information by use of our site filling in forms on our site
www.careysplc.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This includes information you provide to use when you search for products, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating systems and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including data and time); products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ( "Google"). Google Analytics uses. "Cookies", text files that are stored on your computer, to help analyse how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google conversion tracking and Google Re-marketing
Google conversion tracking is an analysis service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043; "Google") to measure the success of our running on Google advertising (AdWords). It places a cookie on your computer when you access our website via a Google ad on Google. These cookies are not used to personally identify you. Using Google conversion tracking and Google, we can see that someone has clicked on our Google ads and has been forwarded to our site. We can not see what other websites you have visited. The information collected by Google conversion tracking are used to compile statistics on success and use of our AdWords campaigns. We do not obtain information that can identify a user personally.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. This may include the use of Google Analytics; more data on how Google uses data obtained through Google Analytics can be found at this link to the Google website: https://www.google.com/policie....
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we conclude that is required by law or in good faith believe that access, preservation or disclosure of the data is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Careys Plc or any member of its group, its users or the public
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Careys Plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
In all such circumstances we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the minimum possible personal information is shared and the parties with which the data is shared are subject to an agreement that obliges them to process your personal information on our instruction and with appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or not providing your data in certain situations.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.